In this section, we propose lectures about magnetic susceptibility and environmental studies.
If you want to propose a lecture, do not hesitate to contact us.
Please do not use any of the picture or text from the presentations without the authorisation of the authors.
Lectures proposed during the First IGCP-580 meeting in Liège (2-6 Decembre 2009).
- B.B. Ellwood (Department of Geology and Geophysics, Louisiana State University, U.S.A.): Magnetic susceptibility: instruments, units, standardization and various approaches for using MS data sets for correlations. Presentation Ellwood in pdf
- S. Spassov (Centre de Physique du Globe, IRM, Dourbes, Belgium): The potential of mineral magnetism for studying past and present environment. Presentation Spassov in pdf
- M. Chadima (AGICO) Magnetic susceptibility and its variations with temperature, measuring field and operating frequency: examples from various rock types. Presentation Chadima in pdf
- X. Devleeschouwer (Sedimentologie et dynamique des bassins, ULB, Belgium): Rock magnetism in the sedimentary record: history of magnetism, magnetic mineralogy; magnetic susceptibility thermomagnetism and hysteresis applications conducted simultaneously. Presentation Devleeschouwer in pdf
Lectures proposed during the Third IGCP-580 meeting in Prague (12-18 October 2011).
- M. Chadima (AGICO) Processing MS data, MFK1 Kappabridge and Safyr4W Software. Presentation Chadima in pdf
- F. Hrouda (Charles University) Frequency-Dependent MS and Out-of-Phase MS Modelling (key note and training course). Presentation Hrouda in pdf